Presented by Masayuki Kichikawa, Chief Macro Strategist
Masayuki Kichikawa, SMAM’s Chief Macro Strategist, talks about outlook for the Japanese economy and stock market in 2018 in this short video.
Mr. Kichikawa is Chief Macro Strategist and responsible for analyzing/forecasting the global economy and developing SMAM’s "House View" on the future course of financial markets. He is dedicating to research in Japan's public finance, cross-border capital flows and their implications for global financial conditions.
Prior to joining SMAM, he was at Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Research as Chief Japan Economist for 9 years. He started his career at Nomura Research Institute in 1984 and also worked for several financial institutions as Economist, including Asahi Life Asset Management, Mizuho Securities and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (currently known as Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities).
Please read this disclaimer carefully before using the information or services described herein. By accessing this website and/or using the information contained herein, you acknowledge that you have read this disclaimer and that you agree to be bound by the terms of this disclaimer.
- This site is solely intended for use by non-Japanese professional, institutional investors and institutional-investment consultants only.
- This site is not made for any person’s use in the United States. Also, the information is not, and should not be construed as, an offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any securities or financial products to any “US Persons”. “US Persons” are generally defined as a natural person residing in the United States or any entity organized or incorporated under the laws of the United States. US citizens living abroad may also be deemed “US Persons”.
- The research and analysis included herein, and those opinions or judgments as outcomes thereof, are intended to introduce or demonstrate investment management capabilities and expertise of Sumitomo Mitsui Asset Management Company, Limited (hereinafter “SMAM”), or to provide information on investment strategies and opportunities. Therefore, this site is not intended to offer or solicit investments in any securities or financial products, provide investment advice or service, or to be considered as disclosure documents under the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act of Japan.
- Because the information and documents contained herein are for information purposes only, it is not possible to subscribe to shares or units in a collective investment scheme or to process a subscription from this site.
- The expected returns or risks described herein are calculated based upon historical data and/or estimated upon the economic outlook at present and should not be construed as a guarantee of or warranty regarding future returns and risks.
- The opinions, outlooks and estimates contained herein do not guarantee future trends or results. They constitute SMAM’s judgment as of the date of this material and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Past investment performance is not necessarily indicative of future results of the fund. The awards included herein are based on past achievements and do not guarantee future results.
- The simulated data or returns contained herein besides the fund historical returns do not include/reflect any investment management fees, transaction costs, or re-balancing costs, etc.
- The investment products or strategies do not guarantee future results nor guarantee the principal of investments. The investments may suffer losses and the results of investments, including such losses, belong to the client.
- This material has been prepared by SMAM using data from sources believed to be reliable, but SMAM cannot and does not guarantee the completeness, accuracy or timeliness of that data.
- All rights, titles and interests in this material and any content contained herein are the exclusive properties of SMAM, except as otherwise stated. It is strictly prohibited from using this material for investments, reproducing/copying this material without SMAM’s prior authorization, or from disclosing this material to a third party.
- The intellectual property and all rights of the benchmarks/indices belong to the publisher and the authorized entities/individuals.
Registered Number: Kanto Local Finance Bureau (KINSHO) No.399
Member of Japan Investment Advisers Association, The Investment Trusts Association, Japan and Type II Financial Instruments Firms Association.
© Sumitomo Mitsui Asset Management Company, Limited